Saturday 30 July 2022

Doing our thing!

At last update we'd made an offer on a house, which had been accepted.  We'd been congratulated by a few people but from our past experience (ie. one failed house purchase) we knew there were more stages to pass before celebrating.

We weren't expecting to have confirmation as early as we did.  The building and pest report was all good (with the inspector commenting that this was a much better house than our previous choice!) - and then we received full finance approval that same afternoon!  

Lots of mortgage documents were read and signed online but the last couple were done in person with our broker.  Things felt more real at that point and we celebrated afterwards!

I've previously spoken of my brooches.  I try to wear something in theme for various outings/occasions, so pondered an appropriate brooch for mortgage document signing.  I finally decided on a butterfly, known as a symbol of change and transformation, comfort, hope, and positivity - which was in theme with my butterfly-wing floaty jacket. (Later in the day I changed for dog-walking and wore my elephant brooch cos he's a happy chappy with a balloon - and reminds me that a great weight has lifted).

Even though no boxes were packed this week, we worked in the garage and downstairs - culling rubbish, cleaning and sorting.  All good missions to achieve.  I spent some time calculating various dates and possible timelines (supervised by Erin's knitted chookies).  

Settlement is a month away so we can pack with a lot more enthusiasm and purpose, now we have a home to go to.  Hooray for us! 

Week 6 tally.  Boxes packed:  0.  Total boxes packed:  37.

No comments:

Post a Comment