Friday 7 May 2021

Bandit approved!

I made Mr Dog a present this morning.  It was a simple project, sourced from materials on hand.  I'm quite chuffed with how well it came together, though Bandit seems even more impressed!

I'd been thinking of making a dog bed and went into our garage looking for something I thought might work.  It wasn't suitable but I then rediscovered this memory foam mattress topper, which had seen better days. Bandit was happy to be measured and it was easy to cut the foam with a serrated knife. My infamous stash yielded a piece of fleece, which was pretty much the right size.  It was made into a simple pillowcase style cover.  (The short edges of the opening were overlocked but not hemmed, as I was concerned I'd lose too much length).

Nick helped work the bed into the cover.  I had another rummage in the downstairs stash and found some strips of stick-on velcro - purchased from a Romsey op-shop during our Clarkefield days!  They were even the right length.  What a fluke!  I'm not sure they'll hold indefinitely but at this stage they are sort-of working and I wasn't keen to sew them in place.  

I may find more motivation for a better closure method another day but for the moment I'm calling the project finished.  It didn't take long, definitely less than an hour - and all supplies were already here, so there was no cost involved.  How good is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment