Tuesday 8 September 2020

Racing along!

I quite enjoyed making a new lining for the vinyl bag.  It was a very easy, straight-forward task.  

The original lining was a light cotton, whereas the replacement is a quality drill fabric.  I used two remnant pieces from the infamous stash.  I can't remember if I paid $4.00 each or $4.00 in total for them.  Either way, they were a bargain!  

I've overlocked all raw edges and used a generous turnover on the pocket.  I really think my work is far superior to the original and am looking forward to fitting it properly, when the bag returns from the leather repair shop.  We dropped it yesterday to have two handle loops fixed and a patch applied to the hole.  The lovely gentleman quoted $10 for the loops and didn't mention a price for the patch but I don't expect it will be a huge extra.  

After fitting the lining, I'll need to re-attach the frame but have yet to acquire leather-work needles and some waxed thread.  Well, I think that's what I need.  I'm still researching that aspect!

No comments:

Post a Comment