Friday 19 August 2022

Sound progress?!

I started a chalkboard countdown on Saturday to keep track of days left till our removalists arrive.  We'll do some moving ourselves, once we have the keys - but will leave the big stuff for the professionals.  

We've mostly hired trailers for our previous moves but are thinking of buying one this time.

I'm pleased with my progress this week. Buddha is packed into a taller box with lots of pillow padding - and most of his treasures are also packed.  His chairs have been listed for sale - along with other furniture pieces.  

Erin and I bought more plastic tubs and some storage bags last weekend.  I've been packing away my craft room and infamous fabric stash. 

I'm more productive if I listen to an audio book as I work, so have been spending a few hours earlier in the day, which equates to several chapters of sort-of interesting story.

Around two years ago Nick made a vocal booth and studio downstairs - mainly utilising materials on hand, particularly all the moving blankets from our self-packed shipping container.  

We bought a roll of packing felt in 2015, then cut it into many large squares.

Nick's done great work over the past couple of days, taking down all that felt and removing his temporary wall.  

Usable components will be taken to our new house, possibly to be used there (along with the sound tiles he sourced last week).

Nick is back on night-shift for the next few days.  I'll continue with my missions - quietly!

Week 9 tally.  Boxes donated:  7 (bringing that total to 17).  Boxes packed:  21.  Total packed:  112.

No comments:

Post a Comment