Saturday 22 August 2020

You beauty, a day out!

Nick and I had a lovely day out, prompted by my latest purchase. The seller had offered to post for an extra $10.00 but we decided an outing was preferable. We were playing music and chatting as we drove South, so missed the first two GPS-instructed exits but luckily didn't overshoot into New South Wales (cos then we'd need a permit to get back into Queensland)!

What did I buy?  Another beauty case!  You can see my other two, here.  

I paid $10.00 to an op-shop for my first case, which I used for it's intended purpose.  I took it away with us on various adventures and then it did daily service during our stint of caravan living. My second case was $5.00 and became our much-used beverage case.  

In reviewing that post from 2015, it seems the second case came with a key and I'm now curious as to the key's location (hah!) - and whether, if ever found, it might fit my latest case, as they both have the same style latch/lock.

The original $10.00 case has some water damage due to extensive use (and isn't the right colour for my Gladstone bag), so is being de-commissioned.  I've cleaned it and put in a black plastic lining piece to cover the warped bottom.  My plan is to use it for sewing notion storage.

I've put a plastic lining piece in my newest ($30.00) case, for protection against spills etc.  The plastic pieces were intended as base plates for grocery bags and only needed their corners re-trimmed to be a good fit for the vanity cases.  (I found larger sized pieces of similar plastic at Officeworks and each of our Gladstone bags also has a wipe-clean removable lining base).

I'm very pleased with how well the new case co-ordinates with my larger bag and am looking forward to using them together.  (I bought the R keyring a while ago and have now ordered a second one - for my "monogrammed luggage")!

No comments:

Post a Comment