Sunday 30 January 2022

Totes great!

I've been thinking of making a specific shower tote for a while. 

On our last trip I used a small bag received when I attended my last mammogram.  It was a good colour to co-ordinate with my vanity case but a bit small.  (I carry all my shower and skincare products in my vanity case but still need to take a towel and clean clothes etc to the amenities block).  

I haven't posted them here but in recent years I've made quite a few shopping bags.  I did a test with one of those to see whether it would hold my towel, spare clothes and any other possible needs.  It was better than the free mammogram bag but I decided a bit more room was necessary.

Based on that quick test, I was able to rummage in my fabric stash and craft a custom sized shower tote.  I had enough of the bright, funky floral to feature that on the outside of the bag.  It will match my bathmat, hair towel and face-cloth - not that anyone other than me will see them!

I had waterproof PUL fabric from another project, so used that to line the bag.  I included a loop in the side seam and will put a small clip through to hold keys.  (I found a little torch when looking for something else and thought that might be a good addition, too).

Once finished the bag was a lot larger than I had envisaged but it held all my belongings nicely and I was very chuffed with my work.

I showed Nick and suggested he might like a custom shower bag also.  His features rather dapper foxes on the outside and has the same waterproof lining.

We went to Bunnings today and bought a pack of carabiner clips.  We'll each have one of those attached to the inner fabric loops.  Nick suggested an over-door hook might be useful, for those shower cubicles with limited hangers - so we purchased some of those as well.  

I'll put a spare glasses case in each bag, to keep our specs safe and I might even shout Nick a $2.00 Kmart torch!

No comments:

Post a Comment