Wednesday 13 January 2021

Owl drink to that!

Nick and I very recently celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary with a bit of a splurge - lovely accommodation, dressing up and dining out - it was wonderful!

Tea, coffee and small cups were provided in our room but both of us prefer to use a larger mug.  Nick found these dancing owl mugs at an op-shop while we were away.  There were a $2.00 bargain!

I made them each a padded carry bag once home again, so they can come on other non-camping adventures - safely stowed in our Gladstone bags.  

The project became a bit bigger than I first intended but I quite enjoyed some creative pottering.  (All the fabrics and notions were downstairs, which was another bonus).

I'm not sure we'll use the mug rugs (aka oversized coasters) but I found the scraps of owl fabric when rummaging and they were such a good match for the mugs that I decided to liberate them from the stash.  

The tea wallet was an easy make to hold a few of my usual favourite teas. (Some brands/blends trigger headaches, hence I prefer to bring my own).  There's enough room to pack small containers of coffee and sugar replacement tablets with Nick's mug.

I followed an online tutorial to make the drawstring bags.  They are a little different to those I've made previously.  I adjusted the described method to add interfacing and batting because I wanted to provide extra protection for the mugs.  Gotta look after our $2.00 investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment