Saturday 5 July 2014

Garden Masters?!

Erin constructed several self-watering tubs last year. She planted them out carefully - and then Tea ate their contents during her "don't fence me in" period!  The tubs have been empty since. 

During the week Erin, Vaughan and I visited our local, new-ish Masters store.  My main aim was purchasing ferns for my terrarium project (more on that later) and some extra 3M picture hanging strips for my various decorating projects.  I'd seen some 75% discount plants in the gardening section but was side-tracked by the ferns, so only remembered the bargains as we were exited the carpark.  I re-parked the car and went back into the store for a better look at the sale table.  I made my selection of a flowering succulent for the bathroom - and the saleslady helpfully pointed out two more stands of plants. There were a few vegetables so I picked several of those also.  What a bargain!  10 seedlings for $5.86!

I'd already planted my raised bed but Erin had room in her tubs for these new arrivals.  We planted them today.  I helped a bit, though probably was more photographer than gardener! 

Hopefully our bargains will like their new home.  We have kale, bunching broccoli, standard broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower and romanesco.  I'd never heard of romanesco but am really looking forward to seeing it grow - how funky is it?!

2 comments:

  1. Look at how serious Erin is! Great buying at Masters, with some TLC you should get a great crop! Can't wait for a harvesting update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardening tis a serious business, Nammo! I do hope we get a harvest - and then I'll need to source some preparation tips/recipes for the new-to-us kale and romanesco.

    ReplyDelete