Saturday 12 July 2014

From little things ...

At the time of making our loo more cosy, I didn't give much thought to similar bathroom insulation - even though the larger room was equally in need of help! 

Instead I made a terrarium, having been inspired by this story that was doing the rounds on Facebook.  I didn't have a lidded vessel, so used this large jar - and put a tiny frog in with the ferns.

That one small frog prompted me to gather many of my other frogs, to live along the bathroom bench.

It was then that I looked at the window and opted to give it a make-over. 

After rummaging in the storage container, I discovered the other green mattress cover as well as some froggy fleece originally bought to make jumpers for the girls, many years ago!

The first green mattress cover works well on our kitchen window - and I really like the chook bunting.  The bathroom window is a bit taller, so I added an extension for more coverage.  I was tricky and included narrow ribbon ties, so the extension can be rolled up during the day, if desired.  The frog bunting matches and I'm quite pleased with the overall look. 

You might notice the fly-screen was revamped also.  I found a lace remnant in the stash (leftover from my first wedding dress)!  It was just the right size for the frame and Nick did good work fitting it securely.  The lace is much prettier than the worn-out fly-mesh and the pale green works well with all the frogs.  The frog button on the basket bow isn't quite as old as the lace - it was originally on one of the matching frog dresses I made for my girls when they were quite young!

No comments:

Post a Comment