Tuesday 3 September 2013

Spring-ing into action!

Spring is here! It arrived on Sunday. Of course, Sunday was the first official day of Spring but even better, the weather was absolutely glorious and has stayed that way since. Hooray!

I sat in the sunshine on Sunday afternoon and was warm for the first time in months. Clear skies. No wind. Sun! Three days in a row! It's been wonderful. Today was 20 degrees. I'm liking it. A lot.

Nick tells me another cold spell is on it's way, so I'm definitely making the most of the sun while it lasts. He and I have both been doing some work around the yard.

I moved my black compost bin yesterday, which involved re-shovelling all the contents. It seems to be rotting along nicely! The blue part-barrel improvised bin is almost full and I've been pondering what to use next. As luck would have it, someone has dumped a rubbish bin along the road in front of the property. We'll have a closer look tomorrow. It might just be what we've been looking for. You know what they say, one man's trash ... is another woman's compost bin!

No comments:

Post a Comment