Wednesday 4 September 2013

Capsicum security?!

I've been thinking more seriously of starting a vegie garden. In the past, I've successfully grown cherry tomatoes and various herbs in pots.

Although I've made a few attempts to grow proper vegetables, my efforts haven't been greatly productive. However, in the spirit of "if at first you don't succeed ...", I'm going to give the idea another go.

Given the chookies scratched out my raspberry canes yesterday, Nick and I decided a fenced garden would be necessary. We headed up to the dump shop today to source building materials (having already picked over the backyard for anything useful). We were super-impressed with our trailer-load of stuff - which included a few long pieces of timber, strapped to Elmer's roof. $55.00 for a garden fence. That's gotta be a bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment