Friday 3 May 2013

Friday food ...

The past two Saturdays we have visited farmers' markets in the local-ish area.  Our swag of goodies from last week is pictured at left.  The bread is gone, as is the corn (yep, I'm a poet and didn't know it)!

For something new, I used the green tomatoes in another batch of chutney.  The beetroot is also destined for chutney, though we sampled one in a risotto the other night. 


Vaughan has enjoyed several serves of "fresh" orange-blossom honey - and I have tried a few cups of chai made from the pre-made concentrate.  I am not convinced it is a good substitute for the real deal but it is a lot less messy and time-consuming. 

Surprisingly the goats cheese is still in the fridge, or was till I put it on the bench for serving tonight - along with some home-made fig paste.  Our portion of English marrow is also on tonight's menu, stuffed with a mixture of spicy mince and chickpeas.  Hopefully it will pass the taste-test, though I guess I should have a Plan B for Vaughan (and/or generally)!

No comments:

Post a Comment