Sunday 26 May 2019

Bloomin' success!

It's a bit over a week since my last gardening update - and a lot has happened in that short space of time! I'm quite amazed by how quickly everything is coming along.  Of course, I'm also rather chuffed with so much success!

Lettuce seeds sprouted in just 4 days, not one or two weeks as noted on the packet. My cherry tomato plants and baby capsicum bush all have flowers.  I now have 14 bean seedlings, all growing wonderfully.

My peas and snowpeas are holding onto their intended sticks, their neighbours' sticks - and their neighbours!  It's really neat to watch them stretching out in search of support.

A few of the compost heap sunflowers have sprouted.  I'm not sure whether the pansies are doing anything at this stage.  I can see specks of green in sort-of the right area but they might just be grass!

I found the lid for the worm tower and have dropped a few vegie scraps down.  No worms yet but I remain hopeful.

There's more progress on the verandah. Yep, it's all happening!

My oregano is taking over it's terracotta pot.  I planted thyme seeds in the spare area and they sprouted several weeks ago but remain tiny.  I'm thinking they may need a pot of their own to really thrive.

Some bonus chilli seedlings are also in line for larger living quarters. The coriander seedlings are starting to develop their proper leaves- and the spring onions are looking good, too.

Happy to report that we're using some of our fresh herbs.  Erin's bearded dragon lizard has enjoyed a couple of basil leaves.  Good to have his vote of confidence!  Non-lizard family members have sampled the oregano and Italian parsley.  Even better, I trimmed the sage plant trying to encourage bushier growth.  Those cut leaves were so yum, crisp-fried in butter as a garnish on Saturday night's pasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment