Sunday 25 August 2013

Stick it!

My (hydrangea) sticks are stuck - finally!  A fairly simple mission became a lot bigger over the weekend. 

In clearing space for the sticks, I removed and divided two agapanthus clumps, as well as two something-elses!  I created another garden at the rear of Erin's caravan, pruned more jasmine and culled a small tree.  As a result, the front garden is starting to look a lot more ordered - though there is still more work to be done.
I planted two hydrangeas around lunchtime.  The chookies were very interested in what I was doing - and promptly scratched out one stick! 

After the girls were locked up for the evening, I finished sticking all my sticks.  Hopefully they will take and form bushes in line with the geraniums along the back of the bed. 

Interestingly, it was quicker/easier to start the new bed than it was to effect some order to this existing one. 


I'm fairly happy with my efforts.  I still need to reorganise the stone border and tidy up in front of the bed.  I'm not sure whether I'll get that done tomorrow though - my body has had enough gardening for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment